A shout out to all food lovers as the month of August promises delicious meals at discounts you can’t imagine.
Did you know that a lot of cities in India are offering massive discounts on food and drinks right now? That’s right! From buffets to a-la-carte, fine dining to budget, and food to drinks, they’ve covered it all. And add to that, a 50%-60% off your bill!
The main cities covered under the offers are Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Goa, and Jaipur.
If you love to eat out or just want a break from the kitchen, this is definitely the month for you. Personally, as a family, we love to dine out or order in over the weekend. We experiment with new restaurants and dishes quite regularly.
But it is not always pocket-friendly to eat out, especially at the high-end luxurious restaurants. So offers like these are a boon to us. We make the most of it by reserving tables at our favorite fine dining restaurants or opting for 5-star buffets and brunches at 50% off. You get to eat to your heart’s content and can try out a variety of dishes at half the price.
A week back, we enjoyed a super sumptuous Sunday brunch at Seasonal Tastes, Westin Chennai, and it cost us Rs 1,107 instead of the usual Rs 2,299 per person (thanks to Nearbuy).
The vast spread included Continental, Mediterranean, Japanese (sushi and sashimi), Indian, Thai, a chaat counter, mocktails, and desserts. There was live music and a play area for children. Our family had a lovely Sunday afternoon without a major dent in our wallets. And bonus? My 5-year-old ate (and played) for free!
So what’s happening and where?
At present, there are multiple food festivals taking place across the country. Here is a list of the ones that I personally find worth it.
- Dineout’s ‘Great Indian Restaurant Festival (GIRF)’ is on throughout the month of August this year. It provides a platform to reserve tables at restaurants in the participating cities. In addition to the cities mentioned above, it also covers Kochi, Indore, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, and Surat.
- Participating restaurants are offering 50% off on buffets/food/drinks/alcohol/total bills. All you need to do is check out their list of participants and make a booking with the selected restaurant on your chosen date and time. There is a small non-refundable booking fee per guest.
- Also, check out the offers HDFC bank is providing on bookings and bill payments.
- Eazydiner’s ‘Eat Out festival’ is running from July 15–August 15. It is another restaurant reservation platform (similar to Zomato) that lets you select a preferred restaurant and deal, and make a booking.
- There is a non-refundable fee to be paid per guest while booking.
- Don’t forget to check out offers provided by banks such as ICICI, HDFC, American Express on your booking transactions.
- Zomato is currently running its ‘No cooking August’ campaign with discounts up to 60%. It provides both home delivery as well as restaurant table reservations. Check out for coupon discount codes that are applicable for different payment methods while placing the order.
- Zomato Gold membership is beneficial for those who eat out frequently as it provides 1+1 on meals and 2+2 on drinks. You can easily cover the gold membership fees by visiting their partner restaurants just once or twice.
- Swiggy is celebrating its ‘big birthday bash’ this month and is offering discounts up to 50% for many participating restaurants. It’s a home delivery platform that charges a small amount for delivery to your doorstep. The best part is many restaurants that do not provide home delivery options or do not deliver in your area, are now available under Swiggy.
- Swiggy’s Super membership offers free delivery on orders over Rs 99 (along with a free dessert/beverage at select restaurants). The membership is useful for those who order over 2-3 times in a month.
- Nearbuy provides offers not only on food (ranging from fine dining to budget) but also salons, spa, other outdoor activities, and fitness etc. The good news is that this one has offers all year round. So, if you want to get a good deal on dining out next month, do check them out. Nearbuy works on the principle of purchasing vouchers and then redeeming them at the restaurants.
- The discounts are usually in the form of open vouchers that are valid for a certain time frame (lasting months). A major advantage with Nearbuy is that you have an option to cancel the purchased vouchers (even the expired ones) for a 100% refund (except those that are specifically mentioned).
- It is important to know that you will have to make the reservation directly with the restaurant, to ensure you have a table on your preferred date and time.
Note: Kids below 3 years of age do not require a booking reservation. In some restaurants, kids up to age 6 can eat for free. Do check the deal terms or call the restaurant directly to confirm.
Hope this article helps you in planning a meal out with your family and friends, without burning a hole in your pocket. I know that I am going to make the most of this lip-smacking month of scrumptious food. Wishing you all a delicious mouth-watering month of August!
DISCLAIMER : The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of Aweekinlife.com. Any omissions or errors are the author’s and A Week In Life does not assume any liability or responsibility for them.